Fajar Prayer, The significant of all.
It is an essential obligation of each Muslim to submit himself five times a day before the Allah Almighty in the form of prayers. Of five prayers the morning one is given the supreme importance. It is highly believed that if one starts his day with fajar prayer, his day would go well. The holy prophet PBUH said “and whoever prays the dawn prayer in congregation, it is as if he had prayed the whole night long.”
Allah almighty has made it clear through different sources including Quran, Hadiths and teachings of messengers that fajar should not be missed. The holy prophet PBUH said that remembering Allah the moment a person wakes up will loosen the spell of Satan over him. This will give him the power to get out of bed and stand before the lord of all lords. Further when he does wudoo the level of determination increases and the spell of Satan start to get weaker. And finally when he stands straight for prayer, the Satan is defeated.
Different religious scholars suggest that one should have clear intention and determination to pray fajar right before he sleeps. He should make a dua to Allah that he gets up to pray fajar in congregation as praying is the most significant source of strength. This way Allah almighty would give the person power to wake up from deep slumber and stand right before him. Some of the valuable sayings of prophet PBUH about the importance of fajar are explained below.
- Whoever prays fajr is under the protection of Allah. Do not put yourselves in a situation where Allah has to call you to account for your negligence.
- The best of prayers in the sight of Allah is the dawn prayer on Friday, in congregation
- Whoever prays al-Bardayn will enter Paradise.
- The most burdensome prayers for the hypocrites are salaat al-’isha’ and salaat al-Fajar but if they only knew what they contain, they would come even if they had to crawl.
- If we did not see a person at fajr and ‘isha’ prayers, we would think badly of him.
- And whoever prays the dawn prayer in congregation, it is as if he had prayed the whole night long.
- Whoever prays fajr is under the protection of Allah. Do not put yourselves in a situation where Allah has to call you to account for your negligence, because whoever finds himself in this situation will be sorted out and then thrown on his face in the Fire of Hell.