Benefits of Dates
There are some fruits and vegetables that were consumed by Holy prophet PBUH in excess. Date is one those fruits that Hazrat Muhammad loved and used in his daily routine. Its usage increases especially in the month of Ramadan. Muslims, all over the world, break their fast by eating dates.
Ajwa dates are the most favorite food of Holy Prophet PBUH. These dates are of unique kind and are available in Madina, a city of Saudi Arabia. Allah has put too much shifa in this fruit that it cures a bunch of diseases and is good for mental health of individuals.
It is reported through different sources that last prophet of Islam narrated ‘Each one you who is fasting for the sake of Allah, must break his fast with dates. In case he does not have them, then with water. Verily water is a purifier.”
Many of the companions of Holy Prophet PBUH stated that he believed in the healthiness of dates and preferred them over other edibles. If ripe dates were not available, he used to substitute them with some dried grapes. The Prophet said, “If somebody takes some ‘Ajwa dates every morning, he will not be affected by poison or magic on that day till night.”
- It is rich in vitamins, proteins and fats.
- It contains natural fiber which is effective for curing abdominal cancer.
- It also contains many other important constituents like potassium, iron and calcium which are healthy for individual’s body.
- It slows down the aging process and provides immunity to foreign agents. It is extremely healthy for brain.
- It is easily digested, cleans kidneys and improves blood flow.
- Against parasitic diseases, dates help liver to heal soon.
- It is used as a medicine for cancer and hepatitis.
According to modern science it is proven now that one date is a minimum requirement for balanced diet. Arab nations frequently use dates in breakfasts. Combined with yogurt and butter, it makes a healthy combination of food. Though science has identified its benefits now with its researches, but our Holy book, Holy Prophet PBUH and religion Islam stated it 140 years ago.